5 Best Places to Catch the Sunset in Perdido Key January 15 2016
By Searcy Sledge
Couples have been calling Perdido Key their weekend paradise for years because of the island’s sugar-white beaches, crystal-clear water and unforgettable seafood. But did you know Perdido Key also has some of the most spectacular sunsets on the Gulf Coast? Don’t take our word for it, though. See for yourself at one of our five favorite sunset hideaways:
1. Sunset Grille — As the name suggests, this local hideaway is known for its stunning views and fresh, coastal cuisine. Nestled on the Intracoastal Waterway, the Grille has become a go-to restaurant for locals and visitors alike. Order a round of beers, sit back, and watch the sun set over Perdido Bay.
2. Flora-Bama — This iconic roadhouse, which straddles the Florida-Alabama line, is a true piece of Americana — having been sung about by the likes of Kenny Chesney, Jimmy Buffett, Chris Young and Blake Shelton. Rumor has it the bar also has one of the best Bushwackers on the Gulf Coast. We recommend ordering one while watching the sun set from the deck bar and enjoying a dozen oysters on the half shell. After all, the sun always goes down better with a drink.
3. The Gulf – Sink your toes in the sand and leave your cares at the door of The Gulf. This bar and grill — located just over the Intracoastal, in Orange Beach, Alabama — is known for its delicious seafood and unique, shipping-container construction. The Gulf is a must-stop location for anyone wanting a good meal and even better view. Pro tip: Their grouper sandwich is legendary.
4. Cobalt the Restaurant — If you prefer your sunset with a bit more class, head to Cobalt, also in Orange Beach. This waterfront restaurant offers views of the bay from every table, a delicious menu of gourmet, coastal classics and marina access. We recommend ordering the rib eye for the main course. For dessert, try their fried apple pie.
5. Eden Condominiums — Not in the mood to head out for the night? Every room at Eden Condominiums offers views of the Gulf of Mexico. Watch the sunset from your balcony or enjoy the view while unwinding in our poolside paradise.